Moving Guide: 2 Weeks Before Your Move
Moving to a new house is a time of pressure with so much in mind concerning a new job, dealing with paper work, working with movers and so on. It is impossible to remember everything. Organization is the key for a smooth move and this is the time to start getting the details…
• Transfer all prescriptions to a drugstore in your new city. Clear all your safety deposit boxes.
• Disconnect and disassemble your computer system before your move. Back up all your computer files on a disk. Consider taking all back up files and disks with you in the car or whatever mode of transportation you will be using to get to your new home. Remember, exposure to extreme temperatures can damage your software.
• Make final packing decisions. Clean and clear your home including closets, basement and attic.
• Dispose of items that represent a hazard and are not allowed to be shipped. Please refer to the “items not to pack” section for more information on what you cannot or should not ship.
• Tape and seal all cleaning fluids that are non-toxic and non-flammable in plastic bags.
• Drain your lawn mower, snow blower and power tools of all the oil and gasoline to ensure safe transportation.
• Schedule appliance disconnection and preparation with a service provider.
• If you need to use outside storage call Aloha Moving about storage options available.
• Have your automobile serviced if you plan to travel by car.
• Cancel newspapers and other regular deliveries.
• Clean out gym and school lockers.
MOVING can be one of the most stressful events in your life. However, by getting organized and planning ahead, you can prepare your family or business for a smooth move.
Aloha Moving provides you with the services and resources that will help make your relocation cost effective, efficient, and worry-free.
Be sure to consult our Moving Guides and Tips for valuable information, such as how to prepare for your relocation week by week, and how to pack.
In just a few easy steps, we’ll help you make your relocation a successful one!