Moving Guide: 4-5 Weeks Before Your Move
Moving to a new house is a time of pressure with so much in mind concerning a new job, dealing with paper work, working with movers and so on. It is impossible to remember everything. Organization is the key for a smooth move and this is the time to start getting the details…
• Contact or visit your local Post Office to obtain a Change of Address form. You can also obtain this form online at the postal service website.
You can make copies of this change of address form or make up your own change of address notice to give to the following people and businesses.
Friends and family
Credit card companies
Doctors, dentists and any other service providers
Clubs or associations
Magazine and newspaper subscriptions
• This is a good time to take a look at what you own, and decide what must go and what can be left behind. All items such as old books, magazines, broken items and old toys can be left behind. Remember, adding more weight to your shipment will cost you more money.
• Organize your move by deciding and making lists of what items you will not transport, what items Aloha Moving will move and what items you will move yourself.
• Make a decision on who will do most or all of the packing. It is a good idea that you let Aloha Moving do most of the packing. Aloha Moving knows the best methods for keeping items safe and secure as this is what they do for a living.
• If you do most of the packing or all the packing please refer to our Packing Guide. Ask
Aloha Moving for further details about handling unusual and delicate items and begin preparing those items that are not frequently used.
• Get your kids involved in the moving process. Allow your kids to do some supervised packing. Let them suggest a layout for their new room. Make it fun and exciting for them to move.
• Contact utility providers (e.g. telephone, gas, electric, cable TV and trash collection) at new and old locations with your moving date to make arrangements for connection and disconnection.
• Complete banking arrangements in old and new location and transfer any funds to your new bank if necessary.
• Check requirements for new drivers license and auto registration in your destination state.
MOVING can be one of the most stressful events in your life. However, by getting organized and planning ahead, you can prepare your family or business for a smooth move.
Aloha Moving provides you with the services and resources that will help make your relocation cost effective, efficient, and worry-free.
Be sure to consult our Moving Guides and Tips for valuable information, such as how to prepare for your relocation week by week, and how to pack.
In just a few easy steps, we’ll help you make your relocation a successful one!