Santa Barbara Moving Guide: 6-8 Weeks Before Move
Moving to a new house is a time of pressure with so much in mind concerning a new job, dealing with paper work, working with movers and so on. It is impossible to remember everything. Organization is the key for a smooth move and this is the time to start getting the details…
• Organization is the key for a smooth move and this is the time to start working on the details of your move.
• Check with Aloha Moving to ensure your move is scheduled.
• This is the time to decide what items you wish to transport to your new home and what you may want to dispose of. If you decide to dispose of items that you don’t need you should either donate them to a charity or consider having a garage sale. Contact a local charity or pick a date at least two weeks before the moving date for the garage sale. Advertise the garage sale locally. Team up with your neighbors who want to sell some of their old belongings and plan a large neighborhood sale.
• Start collecting suitable moving and packing supplies if you plan to do your own packing or partial packing. You can purchase all these materials from Aloha Moving Santa Barbara. All boxes that you purchase from Aloha Moving are specially designed for the moving industry to prevent any damages to your belongings. Getting boxes from other sources may create some difficulties when packed in the truck. These boxes may be unusually sized and may not be strong enough to prevent damages to items packed inside.
• Think about your new home layout and start thinking about where you’ll place the furniture. Create a floor plan of your new home, as this will help reduce the stress of making decisions when your furniture arrives.
• Get familiar with your new community. Request information from the local Chamber of Commerce on schools, community programs, parks and recreation facilities.
MOVING can be one of the most stressful events in your life. However, by getting organized and planning ahead, you can prepare your family or business for a smooth move.
Aloha Moving provides you with the services and resources that will help make your relocation cost effective, efficient, and worry-free.
Be sure to consult our Moving Guides and Tips for valuable information, such as how to prepare for your relocation week by week, and how to pack.
In just a few easy steps, we’ll help you make your relocation a successful one!