Moving Guide: After Moving
Moving to a new house is a time of pressure with so much in mind concerning a new job, dealing with paper work, working with movers and so on. It is impossible to remember everything. Organization is the key for a smooth move and this is the time to start getting the details…
• Locate your local post office, police station, fire station and hospitals as well as gas stations near your home.
• Become familiar with your neighborhood shopping areas. You may need housewares, tools or other items for your new home unexpectedly.
• Call the department of sanitation in your new home to find out which day the trash is collected and what type of recycling programs are available in your community.
• Get new service providers such as a bank, pharmacist, cleaner, cable television, etc. if you have not already done so.
• Contact your local DMV if you have moved to a different state to exchange your driver’s license and register your vehicle.
• Provide your new doctor and dentist with your medical history.
• Transfer insurance policies to your new agent. You may also wish to make a detailed list of your belongings, their value, and your coverage.
• Get information on schools, libraries, community activities and emergency calling service from your local Chamber of Commerce.
• Obtain local library cards.
• Register to vote in your new city.
• Decide which documents must be kept and determine for how long. File and keep them in a safe place.
MOVING can be one of the most stressful events in your life. However, by getting organized and planning ahead, you can prepare your family or business for a smooth move.
Aloha Moving provides you with the services and resources that will help make your relocation cost effective, efficient, and worry-free.
Be sure to consult our Moving Guides and Tips for valuable information, such as how to prepare for your relocation week by week, and how to pack.
In just a few easy steps, we’ll help you make your relocation a successful one!